February 15, 2014

2 months old!!!

Two months?? Where has the time gone? Craziest fact of all is the boys are still not supposed to be here! Of course I would have loved for them to still be in utero but what a blessing we have had to get to watch them finish their development before their due date! Not many can say they have gotten to do that.

Now for the stuff y'all really care about!!

Cann Man first! We have two 5 pounders! Cannon is now 5 lbs 7oz of pure sweetness!!
Cannon continues to progress every day! At the beginning of last week the Drs were all scratching their heads because Cannon continued to have a lot of A's and B's (apenmia and bradycardia). This is where his heart rate drops and he forgets to breathe. As you would expect it is very scary to sit there and watch happen over and over. One minute my sweet little boy is breathing normally and then the next he isn't. This is any moms worst fear!! We do have wonderful nurses who run over as soon as his machine goes off and I know he is in good hands but I still hate watching it because I just want to make it better. Everyone thought that neuro needed to come in and tap him immediately but I didn't think that was the issue. His soft spot felt good and his ultrasound from the day before was stable. It had to be something else. They did labs and a chest X-ray and everything was great. Then Dr. Aneji asked when they stopped his caffeine and I said last week. She said that that might have been it. Once they take preemie babies off the ventilator they give them caffeine and it helps them remember to breathe. They usually stop it when they are 36 weeks corrected. So, they started Cannon back on his caffeine and he hasn't had any episodes in almost a week!!! Hallelujah!!  Dr. Aneji said that some babies just need it longer and he will get it until 41 weeks! Sweet boy just wanted his cup of coffee like everyone else in the morning! He is on a 1/2 L nasal cannula and doing great! Taking 4 bottles a day and he LOVES taking a bottle! He gets fussy when it's time for his tube feed. We knew he would be good at taking a bottle because he loves his mouth piece so much! Like REALLY loves it!! He smacks it so loud all the nurses crack up! We are so proud of him for pacing himself when he eats! He is getting stronger and stronger and has come so far!

Now the Brax man! Who is 5lbs 11oz.!!! Can you believe it? So crazy he is almost 6lbs! 
This picture was after his 2 month shots. He had a bad day after and needed his oxygen back but he is off of it now!!

This week the phrase "going home" has actually been tossed in the air for Braxton!!! We do not want to get too excited because we know a lot can happen in a day in the NICU but to know it is close seems unbelievable! Scary and exciting all at the same time! Braxton is still taking all bottles and it wears him out! He is asleep all the time! It is hard trying to wake him up to eat but he eventually does! He is also getting stronger and his stamina is getting better! We are so proud of him! He is quite the character!

We took their two month pictures last week! It's so much fun to see how much they have grown! We also celebrated our first valentines! I am so lucky to always get to have 3 valentines! 

The boys also got some grandparent time this weekend! They are so loved!

I have moved back home to get things ready at the house. Our house is a mess and I have been frantically cleaning and trying to get everything in order. I think my nesting phase has set in...just a few months late though ;) I still go to the hospital every day to be with the boys. I am struggling a little because I know when Braxton comes home I won't be able to be at the hospital near as long as I am now. I will still go every day but just for a couple of hours. I know it will kill me to not be able to spend as much time with Cannon but Braxton needs a mommy at home. It makes it easier knowing that he is well taken care of by the wonderful team of Dr.'s and nurses! So thankful for them! Even though that will be such a special day for our family, it will also break my heart that the boys will have to be separated again :( but hopefully not for long! I just wish I could be in two places at once! Please pray for continued strength when that time comes. I'm sure things will be a little hectic! 

You guys are so amazing and so good to our family! We truly are lucky! These boys are loved by many! Because of your prayers and support our boys have continued to get stronger and healthier every day! Thank you a million times! We love you all so much!

Trusting in him,
Shawn, Hali, Cannon and Braxton











No comments:

Post a Comment