November 8, 2013

23 weeks!!

Had our 23 week appointment yesterday and it wasn't the news we were hoping for but it wasnt all bad. First let me say that the boys are healthy and growing like crazy. They were both 1lb and 2oz. last week and now Cannon is 1lb 7oz. and Braxton is 1 lb. 9oz. Dr. Kirshon was happy that they are bigger. It doesn't surprise me though because as most of you know us Henderson babies were quite big so I was expecting some big boys :)

Cannon's fluid is down again but Dr. Kirshon isn't alarmed at the amount yet. He said there is still plenty in there for lung development which made us feel better. The only bad thing is if it continues to go down then Cannon's cord would become compressed and he would start to show signs of distress. At that time they would have to deliver both boys. Next Wednesday I will be 24 weeks and that is the week that they can deliver if they need to. That is also the day of my appointment next week. He told me to come with my bags packed because I would more than likely be admitted into the hospital to finish my bed rest there until I deliver so that they can monitor the boys all the time. Even if his fluid goes back up he would still like for me to be there just in case. I told him that I had been leaking more last week probably because I have been in so much pain from my back and I have been reclining in our recliner rather than laying flat. He said that that could be it and told me to be as flat as possible this week to see if that helps. So I am completely flat only turning from side to side. He did say that he still thinks I could make it a couple more months before we deliver, he just has to give us all possible outcomes. That made us a little bit more at ease but still concerned. 

We have had a great week this week. It has actually gone by pretty fast. This week my best friend, more like sister, while growing up Sarah Musselman Domel has been with us. I am so thankful and grateful that she took her hard earned vacation days from work to come take care of me. It has been fun catching up on many years. We have been there for each other through everything. High school, sports, college together, losing grandparents, getting married, having her babies and now she is here for mine. I am thankful and blessed to have her friendship. 

Shawn has his last game before playoffs tonight against Waller and I can't wait to see how that turns out! I know they will do great! 

Sunday my brothers and their wives are coming to Magnolia so we are can celebrate my dad's 60th birthday all together! I'm excited to have everyone here. It will help get me to Wednesday. My brothers always make me laugh!!

Have I mentioned how thankful I am for my husband lately? He has been my rock through the low points. This week and last week have been kind of rough for me just because I am starting to get cabin fever and my back hurts so bad. There are not that many positions you can lay flat in and especially with a big belly in your way! I'm just so lucky that he is here to pick me up and remind me that everything will be ok and we will get through this together. We both just can't wait to be holding our boys in our arms but know we need them to wait a while longer before we do get to hold them. 

As I approached my 6th week of bed rest, the past two weeks the verse I have been clinging to and praying over is Matthew 11:28 " Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." It just makes me feel like there has been a weight lifted off my shoulders and gives me relief. As a mom, I immediately want to do all I can but have to remember that I am doing all I can and to let God have the rest. We know that God is in control of this and all we can do is have faith and believe that his will will be done! 

Thank you for your continued prayers and please pray that Cannon's fluid fills back up and that I could get some relief in my back so I can lay here for a few more months! Like we have said, we believe in the power of prayer and know the wonders it does! Just look what it has done so far for our boys! Thank you a thousand times. It truly means the world to us!

Love,
Shawn, Hali, Cannon, and Braxton

Here are a couple of pictures from our week. We were not able to get a picture of Cannon this week, he was not working with us!

Sarah and I waiting to see Dr. Kirshon. So glad she got to see Cannon and Braxton! 


Braxton, Shawn thinks that he was saying Sic em Bears. Just looks like a head scratch to me ;) The boys and I have had many talks and they both know they are only allowed to give thumbs up!


No comments:

Post a Comment