October 29, 2013

22 weeks and growing strong!!

Had our weekly appoitment yesterday and we are happy to report that we had another successful appointment! There isn't much to report but no change is sometimes good news! I am 22 weeks today but the boys are meausuring 5 days ahead of schedule, which Dr. Kirshon told us that any day over what we actually are is really good. The boys are growing just as they should be and everything looks perfect with them :) Both sacks are still equal in fluid and are normal amounts! Hallelujah! They are both weighing the same, 1lb 2oz and both are very active. So happy they are both over 1 lb. finally. The stitch is still holding nicely. Dr. Kirshon was very pleased and all smiles again, which is what we like to see. We will go back next Thursday.

Other than that everything is going pretty well. My back has started to give me some trouble but Dr. Kirshon said that it was very common and is expected from laying on your back for 4 weeks. He gave me a stronger medicine to take other than Tylenol because that was just not getting the job done. It has been quite painful and brings me to tears at night because I just want to sleep and can't because the pain is so bad and no position is comfortable. Shawn has been more than wonderful rubbing my back, getting me tylenol and doing all he can to help keep me comfortable. I have to say that last night was the funniest when I tried to wake Shawn up in the middle of the night to get me an ice pack and he woke up, unplugged his phone, handed it to me and asked me if it was cold enough! HAHA..he isn't the easiest person to wake up and when he does wake up he is out of it! He is such a wonderful husband and I'm so blessed I have him by my side!

Shawn won his game last Friday and that means we are in the playoffs...WOOHOO!! I am so proud of him and wish I could be there more than anything but my job is to be on the couch so Cannon and Braxton can keep growing and getting stronger! This week is the Mustangs off week so I am enjoying Shawn being home earlier. His Nana is with us this week and we have had a great time so far. She is the sweetest lady you will ever meet and is a great care taker! We are grateful to have her with us this week. 

We are rejoicing and thanking our Heavenly Father for yet another wonderful report. It is such a comforting feeling knowing that he is in control of all of this.  Carrying this on our own is too much for us to bare and we are so blessed that we have a God that love us so much to carry it for us. Psalm 55:22 "Cast on The Lord whatever he sends your way, and he will sustain you. He will never allow the righteous to be shaken." Thank you Jesus!

We love you all and are thankful for each and every one of you who are praying for us and our sweet boys! It truly means more to us than you could imagine. Thank you for being our faithful prayer warriors!

Here are a few picturews from our week! 

Luke brought us dinner and we watched the Baylor game. Thanks Luke! Please Aggie friends dont hate on my green and gold. Cannon and Braxton wanted me to wear it!

I got a nice surprise when my schools 1st/2nd grade team brought us dinner Monday night! I love that in the second letter the student actully drew me in a bed for bed rest! Got to love their imagination!

Gus is still loving bed rest and all the attention!

Here are some shots from the Dr. yesterday.

Cannon

Braxton

And I just have to add this because it's adorable and I couldn't agree more!!









1 comment:

  1. YAY! Great news! God is so good...all the time! Kuddos to you for praising his name in the midst of a storm! He will reward you greatly in heaven! We are continuing to pray for you, Shawn, Cannon, Braxton and the rest of your sweet family! Hang in there girl! You are half way there! Love, The Kattner's

    ReplyDelete