October 17, 2013

20 weeks and a great report!!!

Yesterday we hit the 20 week mark! Yay! I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while but last week was a scary week after the surgery but things are going good now.

After surgery Monday I was feeling great and still do but had some things going on that concerned us, so we called the Dr. Wednesday morning. After explaining to the nurses what was going on she told us to go ahead and come in. So we rushed to the hospital which is downtown Houston at Texas Women's Hospital so it takes us a little over an hr to get there. After waiting a while since they had to work us in, we finally were in to see Dr. Kirshon. I explained to him that after the surgery I started leaking and he seemed concerned which scared us. He asked a few more questions and then started an ultrasound to look at the boys. The boys are still completely healthy but baby A's (Cannon) sack had less fluid in it than baby B (Braxton). He said he still had plenty of fluid to make it to delivery but if the sack didn't seal off he could lose more. The good thing is, if it does seal off he will reproduce more because the fluid is his urine... That was news to me!! While I was there I had leaked a little and they tested it with the strips and it was not amniotic fluid which was a relief! He said he wanted to see me back Friday just to check. We are fine with the many trips because we truly feel that Dr. Kirshon is concerned and wants the absolute best for Cannon and Braxton. Plus, we love getting to see them as much as we can!

Friday we made our third trip downtown to see Dr. Kirshon. I hadn't been leaking as much as earlier in the week. After the ultrasound there had not been much change in Cannon's sack, which was good. He said continue to stay off my feet and just continue what we were doing and to come back Wednesday. On the way home I leaked a little and also the next day but it stopped by early Saturday afternoon. We had a great weekend! Shawn beat the Magnolia bulldogs Friday night 20-0!! That is a big game for us because it's the other high school in our district. Shawn has not lost the Magnolia Bowl since we moved here and of course wanted to keep the tradition going! Also Friday night a good friend Amy Williams, who actually was my wedding planner came to visit. We had a great time visiting. It worked out great because she stayed with me Saturday afternoon until the night so mom and dad could go to a dear friends wedding and so Shawn could go to B's game! I don't want Shawn missing any of his games because it is his senior year! So I was very thankful that Amy came so they all could do that. Sunday we woke up to smelling an amazing breakfast by my mom and then watched church through our Apple TV. We are so thankful we go to a church that live streams the service every Sunday so we feel like we are there...just a little more comfortable that usual :)

On Monday my Meme, as I have called her since I was little, got here for her shift for the week! I loved getting to go to Meme's house during the summers when I was growing up. I have enjoyed her being here this week catching up on everything! 

Wednesday we had our appointment and we just had a good feeling about it. Dr. Kirshon started the ultrasound and said heart beats are perfect! He then checked the boys out and everything is still going good. He then looked at Cannon's sack and it had not decreased and he said it may have even filled up just a little but definitely hadn't gone down! Hallelujah!! Said he has 70% which he isn't concerned with at all. Also said that 50-60% of women rupture the baby's membranes (water sack) within the first week of surgery and I had NOT done that so he was very pleased with that! He was very happy with the visit and actually seemed surprised. Still using the words "cautiously optimistic" but he was smiling a lot! He even said that some of the leaking I have been feeling may be from when they push on my tummy during the ultrasound. Anyway, we had a great report and we are so very happy! I go back next Tuesday for another check up. 

In the meantime we have been well taken care of by numerous family members and friends! It is such an amazing feeling knowing that we have so many people thinking and praying for us and our boys! We have had our meals provided for us by football players moms, friends, teachers at my wonderful school, moms of my volleyball players that I coached a few years ago, and coaches wives from Oct. 6th until Nov. 11th!!! How awesome is that?? There are not enough words for us to express our gratitude to all of you who have helped us out so far! We look forward to seeing your sweet smiling faces when you drop off! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Cannon and Braxton are 14 oz. and kicking up a storm now, so I know they are loving the food and we are too! 

We serve an AWESOME God and we are so thankful that he died for us and loves us and even our unborn so incredibly much! We know he has big plans for Cannon and Braxton and this is only the beginning! As I have said before, we are thankful for each day we have with them and get to be there mommy and daddy. We just have to take it one day at a time and know that God is in control of this! Thank you for the thoughts, cards, care packages, food, visits and especially the prayers!! Please keep them coming! 

Here are a few pictures from our week.

Gus loves bed rest!

He is the best husband!! Definitely a fast wheel chair pusher though!! 

Even though it says cell phones off Meme snuck it in! Glad the flash was off :)

Thank you for coming to stay!! Love you!







 






No comments:

Post a Comment