May 16, 2014

5 months old!!

Wow!! Is it really May? Where did the year go?

Wanted to give y'all an update. The boys are doing great! Growing so fast I just can't believe it. They are 5 months old (2 months corrected). I have learned to give people both ages when they ask now because when I say 5 months people always say, "They are so small!" At first it offended me but now I know that it's not their fault. They have no clue what went on so I just give both ages and say they were premature. I also get tons of stares and awes when we go out! It's like people have never seen twins before.  Haha! Oh well, I love to show off our miracles. I'm getting pretty good at running errands with the boys now! I have learned that browsing and just looking is definitely a no go! Haha! I have to get what I need and get out. They really are great and love getting out. Cannon is weighing 10.4 and Braxton is 13 pounds! Cannon is slower in his weight gain because of his reflux issues. At first it was projectile and we both changed clothes about 4 times a day but now that is better and he just struggles to finish bottles. He knows if he takes too much he will spit up and it burns so he quits before it happens. Which is good because he is getting everything he drank but he isn't taking as much as he should be. He is gaining weight and that's what they want but just slower. He is on meds for it but they said not to expect anything because it just takes time to grow out of it :( Braxton is a eating machine! He loves to eat and would eat all day if we let him. He on the other hand, doesn't know his limits and if he takes too much will also spit up. So now that we know that we just cut him off at 6 oz and he is good to go! Lots of trial and error with these guys! Cannon is still on his heart monitor. The sleep apnea dr last week said he could come off of it but I asked for another month because there have been a few episodes that concerned me. Some parents hate having the monitor and want it gone but it doesn't bother us. Makes us feel more at ease, especially at night. He is also getting weekly labs done because when he left the hospital his immune system was lower than what a normal baby his age would have been. She knows that it's because of him leaking the Chylelothorax and because he missed everything in the third trimester. She wasn't concerned and said it would go up in a few months. We go back the 27th and hopefully it will look better and she will release us to get out of the house more. 

Also, this week at the dr, Dr. Sandberg cleared Braxton and he no longer has to have neuro checkups! Praise The Lord! Cannon had another MRI and his ventricles were slightly bigger but not enough for him to be concerned. His fontanel (soft spot) was nice and soft, which is great! He stretched his next appointment to next month. That will be the longest we have gone without seeing Dr. Sandberg. It makes me nervous but he said that if he was worried he wouldn't have made the appointment for that far away. So all we can do is trust that God will continue to keep things stable. 

The best part is they are sleeping great through the night making it 6 hrs! I have felt like a new woman the last couple of weeks! The first 3 weeks thankfully I had help from my mom and mother in law but now it's just the boys and I! It took a few days to figure out what would be the best way to feed them at the same time but we finally have a routine and it is just so much fun! I love spending my days with the boys! They just bring so much joy to my life as you moms know :) They are cooing up a storm and smiling so much and want to laugh so bad but just can't figure it out yet. They love to go for walks and be outside. Braxton uses it as nap time but Cannon loves to take it all in and look at everything! Cannon is pushing up on his tummy, looks all around and rolls to his side. Can't quite get to his back yet but he isn't far from it. Braxton can't quite push up yet but it won't be long! They also qualified for physical therapy twice a month. They will be coming to the house to work with them. 

We are grateful for your continued love and support! Thank you all so much! Can't believe next month they will be half a year old!! Sure does go by fast! 

Trusting in him,
Shawn, Hali, Cannon & Braxton


1 comment:

  1. You definitely don't know me but we share a mutual friend, Denise (Berlin) Pennington. I have been following for a while and praying for your boys they are growing beautifully! God's work is amazing!

    ReplyDelete