March 3, 2014

Almost 3 months old and almost 40 weeks!!

Cant believe that my due date is Wednesday. When we found out we were pregnant in June, 9 months seemed like an eternity because we were so eager to meet these precious babies! Little did we know that God was going to let us meet them 3 months early. We have already gone through so many parts of this journey in 9 months and the craziest part is the twins are just now supposed to be here and it's a day before their 3 month birthday! It just blows my mind sometimes! But all I can say is God has been so good to us!

A little news on the boys now!

Cannon is now 6lbs 3oz and Braxton is 6lbs 11oz! Sometimes I can't believe it! It seems like yesterday that I was holding my 2lb 10 oz little peanuts and now I'm holding almost 7lb big boys! They have grown so much in such a short amount of time and have truly overcome so many obstacles that have been put in their path at such an early stage in life. They have fought every single day since the first Dr. told me I would lose this pregnancy at 17 weeks. I think they heard her negativity and said no ma'am! We are Bells and we will fight! And fight is what they have done! From not even being able to breathe on their own, to having no oxygen support at all. From taking 1ml of milk in a feeding tube to 75ml in a bottle. From weighing 2lb 10oz to weighing 6lbs 11oz. From not being able to hold their own temperature and be in an incubator to wearing clothes and sleeping in an open crib. These are all huge milestones in the NICU and we have rejoiced and given praise for each and every one! We will continue to to give thanks for every other milestone the boys hit throughout their lifetime because they are worthy of praise!

So our news hasn't changed much. Two weeks ago we were told the boys may possibly come home together this week but so far it doesn't look like that will happen :( That is why we have all been hesitant to tell you guys when they are coming home because we truly don't know. It changes everyday. They can only give a guess but it's completely up to the boys. Braxton is closest still. He has not had any Brady's for a while now but I think the Dr's are trying to drag it out as long as possible to make it easier on us. Cannon isn't far behind him but he is still on caffeine to help him remember to breathe. They are hoping to stop that sometime this week but he still has some spells when he forgets to breathe and needs some mild stimulation. He also has some reflux issues. Dr's are thinking that the reflux could be causing his Brady's while he sleeps but it's hard for them to give a definite answer. It could just be that he isn't fully developed in that area yet. He was also on the ventilator longer and had 4 surgeries in his first month of life. So for all of that, I say he has done a pretty awesome job catching up to Braxton this fast! He is definitely getting closer and way way better than he was so that is encouraging to us! 

I am anxious and excited for Braxton to be home but I also know I will hate not having the boys together again. I know whenever I am with one my heart will want to be there for the other as well! I pray for The Lord to give me strength and patience as that time draws near. 

Last night we put our baby furniture together and got some things set up for the boys. Our sweet and wonderful cousins Jon and Kim Henderson sent us some bedding for the boys cribs. I was so excited to get it washed and make the beds and get them prepped for the boys but then forgot we didn't have mattresses! Haha! Oh well, we still acted like there was a mattress and put the mobile up as well. I cranked the dial on the mobile and watched and listened as it played Rock a Bye Baby. My eyes filled with tears as I looked down and realized there are still no babies in these beds. So, I took a minute to have my little break down (I'm still allowed to have those, right?) and then prayed over each bed. I prayed that when the boys are finally in these beds and in their home, that God will continue to watch over them. Also to develop and strengthen them all the days of their life so they can grow to be mighty men of God! Amen! I know that day is closer to being here than it was December 6th and I will remain patient! 


Thank you for all your support! With prayers, the bracelets, love, gifts and visits! We are beyond blessed and are humbled by your grace! 

Trusting in him,
Shawn, Hali, Cannon and Braxton

No comments:

Post a Comment