August 28, 2014

Beyond blessed

The twins will be 9 months old tomorrow! I truly can't believe have fast it has gone by. This month, a year ago, I was told to go on bed rest and hope and pray that the twins would survive. That is a day I will never forget. Now, a year later, I lay here at 2 in the morning in awe of God's faithfulness and his grace! I'm so thankful that he picked us to go on this journey. Of course, it has been without a doubt the hardest thing I have ever gone through but what I have learned from it about myself I am forever grateful for. I have grown so much as a woman, wife, mother and most importantly a child of God. I have learned  lessons about patience, trust, selflessness, and love. I have learned that patience and trust are a lot harder to come by than just saying, "I will be patient and trust that things will be ok". I had to hourly pray for those two because there were times I did throw in the towel. Although, God was there to quickly pick me back up and remind me that Cannon and Braxton were his children first and his love for them could not be measured and I could not give up because they weren't. Having to sit back and completely give our boys to The Lord was the hardest task to ever do. As a parent you want to do so much but all we could do at that point in time was be PATIENT and TRUST that The Lord would heal our boys in his timing. I know for a fact that he used and is still using Cannon and Braxton to prove to others that miracles do still exist. 

have learned about selflessness and love. The love that I have for Shawn, Cannon and Braxton would best be described as selfless. Having the privelege to be Shawn's wife and the twins mother is the greatest honor I have ever received. I have always known that a mothers love for her child is a feeling beyond words but finally getting to have that love of my own is so rewarding.  I wake up every morning with tears in my eyes when I see those smiling faces. I am in awe of their strength and determination. There isn't anything in this world that I wouldn't do for them. I hope one day they know how deep my love for them is. I also hope they know how much they inspire me every day. They are a constant reminder of God's healing powers and his love for his children. 

Thank you for coming on this journey with us but it has only just begun! What fun we will have!

Trusting in him,
Shawn, Hali, Cannon & Braxton



No comments:

Post a Comment